“Reaching across the World”
Is simply to make the world a better place.
How are we intending to do this?
By behaving as a family and by treating everyone as if they were a family member.
Definition of family
We see a family as a group of people who are important to each other and help each other by offering love and support, especially in times of crisis.
Family are people in your life who you would be prepared to make personal sacrifices for, and whom you generally agree to accept no matter what they do. They may be someone you see daily or infrequently but the bond remains, and stands the test of time, distance, and overrides almost any challenge.
Purpose of this manifesto
To extend an invitation to everyone to come and join us in achieving our purpose and a request that you bring what you can in helping us. For some that will mean time, others it will be recourses or skills. From the smallest contribution to the largest, every contribution is valued.
One global family, one humanity
To inspire and enable all people to make a difference in their own lives and in the lives of others.
Here at Champions Club Community we are committed to the principles of Equality, Diversity and Respect and that every individual counts. As such, we will continually work to exceed existing legal standards relating to equality and discrimination. Together we are building a community where respect, fairness, and diversity are the norm.
The technical definition of discrimination
It occurs when a person is treated less favourably than others on the grounds of age, disability or medical condition, race, sex or sexuality, marital status, religion, political opinion, criminal record, trade union activity, pregnancy or family responsibilities. It also includes indirect discrimination – when a rule, policy, practice or behaviour has an adverse effect or result on a person or group and it is not reasonable in the circumstances.
The human definition of equality
When all individuals regardless of their differences treat each other with fairness, dignity and equality, communities thrive and grow and everyone is encouraged to reach their full potential.
Every person working within Champions Club Community has a personal responsibility for implementing and promoting this policy in their day to day dealings with each other and with external partners.
Is to answer every question from the perspective of family, in conjunction with the following Margret Mead statement:
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed people can change the world, indeed it’s the only thing that ever does”.
- Here at CCC we’re building a new community of values aligned people prepared to join together to help the person next to them. In so doing we intend to change the world, one step at a time
- We can’t solve the big problems nor even understand them all. Our philosophy is that in taking care of the pennies, so to speak, the pounds will take care of themselves. Helping just one person is everything. With love and understanding, the big problems will simply no longer exist
- We all know that things are wrong but just don’t always know how to respond. We’re building the platform for like-minded people to connect and to engage in changing things for the better. This will be given away free of charge to the world …to everyone
- In combining our skills and talents we subscribe to the view that alone we can achieve little, together we can truly change things
- The most important work that any one of us can do is to love, support and care for the people closest to us, in our own homes and in our own circle of friends / communities. Our circles all overlap. Each can be seen as a brick in the building that is our global family home or part of the net, through which none of us need to fall
- Mistrust of each other is prevalent in the modern world and we all need to address this – to extend the hand of friendship to everyone. Our handshake is our symbol of seeing you as a human being and acknowledging your humanity. We seek to understand and support each other
- We envisage a world in which we sit down and reconcile our differences and where high levels of trust exists between all of us – each step we take is towards this goal
- We recognise that in order to be trusted we need to demonstrate that we are trustworthy
- When faced with difficult questions, issues or judgement calls, simply ask : within a loving, caring family, how would you treat a family member and be guided by that
- The internet and skype now allow us to connect as global neighbours. The issue at hand, right now, is how are we to truly connect and harness the opportunity this gives us
- We value; patience, faith in others, forgiveness and the belief that people are inherently good – in community, fellowship, honesty and integrity.
- We believe that we have a duty to become strong first ourselves in order to help others. If you are struggling in your own life, your positive impact on others will be low
- There will be other elements, principles or ideals, which need adding in order to improve and develop our manifesto. Please make your suggested contribution here by mailing to email@example.com
- If you support this manifesto then simply when enough people decide something is going to happen, then it will be that way. We truly can change the world when we act as one
- Why not join our “people’s movement” for global change by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Together we can change the world.